Monday, August 30, 2010

when the greatest job in the world, isn't.

I had one of those days.

Walking back and forth from Monroe to Balbo along the lake and Columbus for five long hours, dragging my equipment in the blazing hot sun trying my best to cover the Chicago Triathlon. It's an event that I have had the pleasure of participating in as a swimmer in years past.

Don't think I didn't want to dump my gear and hop into the water along with the rest of the swimmers. Instead, I was relegated to the sidelines photographing them.

I logged about five miles walking, I figure.
And not to say it wasn't a wonderful event, because it always has been.

But a crazy jealous streak rose up and turned to resentment as I sweated and hustled and tried to cover an event that spans about 30 miles.

It kinda sucked.

Yes, I do believe I have the best job in the world. And yes, I am eternally grateful for employment. And yes, I do indeed get paid for this.

But next year, I am gonna be the girl hopping in the water.

No doubt.

No comments: